A practical day to provide you with the knowledge and awareness of discrimination, the forms it takes and the consequences. Delegates will be able to promote equality in the workplace and recognise issues before they escalate. All delegates will receive a certificate of training which will assist an employer in showing that that have an equality policy and have trained staff on the subject which will assist with the statutory defence.
Aimed at line managers, those with HR responsibilities or any employees in the business.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Join us on a first come first served basis. We will cover the following:
- The protected characteristics
- Discrimination – the forms it can take
- Harassment and victimisation
- Disability discrimination including reasonable adjustments
- Recognising issues in the workplace
- Equal opportunities and the benefits
- Problem areas
- Defending claims as a company
We will look at these areas using case studies and the facilitators experience in practice and in Tribunal with real stories. This is a workshop with limited Powerpoint and delegates will work through processes using real life examples in groups. Warning: delegate participation required! Businesses are welcome to send a team of their own or just a single delegate who will join a group. We will be using different scenarios from different sectors so delegates can see the law working in practice.
Join us on: 14th October 2020 9.30 – 4.00pm at Harrowden Hall, Wellingborough, NN9 5AD
Cost (includes lunch and materials)
- £149 plus VAT per delegate
- Early bird discount £99 plus VAT per delegate available until 7.08.2020
- Multiple delegate discounts for teams (5 for the price of 4)
- Reduced price of £75 plus VAT for delegates who also book at the same time on the handling conduct issues workshop being held in October.
Secure your place
The venue details