A practical day to provide you with the knowledge and awareness of discrimination, the forms it takes and the consequences. All delegates will receive a certificate of training which will assist an employer in showing that that have an equality policy and have trained staff on the subject which will assist with the statutory defence. Warning: delegate participation required!
Aimed at line managers, those with HR responsibilities or employees in the business who require training in this area.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Join us on a first come first served basis. We will cover the following:
- The protected characteristics
- Discrimination – direct and indirect
- Harassment and victimisation
- Disability discrimination including reasonable adjustments
- Vicarious liability and the statutory defence
- Recognising issues in the workplace
- Problem areas
We will look at these areas using case studies and the facilitators experience in practice and in Tribunal with real stories. This is a workshop with limited Powerpoint and delegates will work through processes using real life examples in groups. Businesses are welcome to send a team of their own or just a single delegate who will join a group. We will be using different scenarios from different sectors so delegates can see the law working in practice.
Join us on: 3rd October 2018 9.30 – 4.30pm at Harrowden Hall, Wellingborough, NN9 5AD
Cost (includes lunch and materials)
- £149 plus VAT per delegate
- Early bird discount £99 plus VAT per delegate available until 31.08.18
- Multiple delegate discounts for teams (5 for the price of 4)
- Reduced price of £75 plus VAT for delegates who also book on the handling disciplinaries and grievance workshop at the same time.
Secure your place
The venue details