A practical day to provide you with the knowledge and practical skills to handle conduct issues and grievance in the workplace.
Aimed at line managers, those with HR responsibilities or employees in the business who will be required to handle conduct issues for their team and potentially participate in disciplinary or grievance hearings.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Join us on a first come first served basis. We will cover the following:
- Handling matters informally
- An overview of the law of unfair dismissal
- How to carry out an investigation and whether to suspend or not
- Fair procedure and how to have a fair hearing
- Gross misconduct and misconduct – which is which?
- Questioning techniques and expecting the unexpected
- Sanctions and possible outcomes
- What is a grievance and how does this process differ?
We will look at these areas using case studies of conduct cases and the facilitators experience in practice and in Tribunal with real stories. This is a workshop with limited powerpoint and delegates will work through processes using real life examples in groups. Warning: delegate participation required!
Businesses are welcome to send a team of their own or just a single delegate who will join a group. We will be using different scenarios from different sectors to cover the industries in which delegates work.
Join us on: 7th October 2020 9.30 – 4.00pm at Harrowden Hall, Wellingborough, NN9 5AD
Cost (includes lunch and materials)
- £149 plus VAT per delegate
- Early bird discount £99 plus VAT per delegate available until 31.07.2020
- Multiple delegate discounts for teams (5 for the price of 4)
Secure your place
The venue details