A practical day to provide you with the knowledge and practical skills to hold a fair disciplinary or grievance hearing. Warning: delegate participation required!
Aimed at line managers, those with HR responsibilities or employees in the business who will be required to conduct these type of hearings.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Join us on a first come first served basis. We will cover the following:
- An overview of the law of unfair dismissal
- How to carry out an investigation and whether to suspend or not
- Procedure and how to have a fair hearing
- Gross misconduct and misconduct – which is which?
- Sanctions and possible outcomes
- Questioning techniques and expecting the unexpected
- What is a grievance and how does this process differ
We will look at these areas using case studies of conduct cases and the facilitators experience in practice and in Tribunal with real stories. This is a workshop with limited powerpoint and delegates will work through processes using real life examples in groups. Businesses are welcome to send a team of their own or just a single delegate who will join a group. We will be using different scenarios from different sectors to cover the industries in which delegates work.
Join us on: 20th September 2018 9.30 – 4.30pm at Harrowden Hall, Wellingborough, NN9 5AD
Cost (includes lunch and materials)
- £149 plus VAT per delegate
- Early bird discount £99 plus VAT per delegate available until 31.08.18
- Multiple delegate discounts for teams (5 for the price of 4)
Secure your place
The venue details